Saturday, January 25, 2014

Green For Danger by Christianna Brand review

This is the first I've read by Christianna Brand, and is the second in the series featuring Inspector Cockrill.  It was published in 1944, and occurs during World War II in England while it suffers from the German Blitzkrieg.

The story takes place in a British hospital in the countryside.  One of the nurses is murdered after announcing that the death of a patient undergoing surgery was not an accident as everyone had believed, but deliberate, and that she had proof of it.  I found the story to be riveting, and enjoyed not only the mystery, but the way it drew me into the era when it took place.

I will be reading more by Christianna Brand. 

This book is part of my 2014 Mt. TBR Challenge.
It also is part of the  2014 Color Coded Challenge  #4--A book with Green in the Title.
It also fulfills a requirement in the Vintage Mystery BINGO  Gold--N--One Medical Mystery
This also fulfills a requirement for the  2014 Around the World Challenge  England (Europe) for the Casual Tourist Level (4 out of 6)

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite by Brand--in part because it was the first I read by her, but also because the mystery is so well-done.

    ReplyDelete