Friday, January 3, 2014

Still Life by Louise Penny review

This is the first book I've read by Louise Penny, and I enjoyed it quite a bit.  It is the first in the Inspector Gamache series, and the mystery takes place in the rural village of Three Pines in Quebec, Canada.

The mystery starts with the discovery of an elderly local woman found dead, shot by an arrow, in a wooded area near the village.  Inspector Gamache is called in, along with his team, including longtime assistant Beauvoir, and a new member of the team, Yvette Nichols.

I found the mystery to be fairly good, but what really pulled me into the story was the interaction between Gamache, Bearvoir, and Nichols, and the insights into their private lives.  I also found Gamache's thoughts on the villagers to be interesting.

I enjoyed reading this book, and am looking forward to reading other books in the series.



This is a book in my 2014 Mt. TBR Reading Challenge, and is Canada in my Around the World Reading Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment