Monday, February 17, 2014

I, Spy? by Kate Johnson review

This is the first in the Sophie Green Mysteries.  Sophie, British, young, single and working at a local airport, is asked to become an agent of a secret government agency.  A less likely agent you'll never suspect, and yet, she somehow manages to come out (mostly) all right.

I started this story expecting a nice cozy mystery, with a bit of humor.  Yikes, was I wrong.  There is a little too much swearing, a little too much sex, and a little more gore than you would expect to see in a cozy mystery.

But there is a mystery, and it is filled with humor, from the situations Sophie gets herself into, to her remarks, to the whole concept of Sophie being a secret agent.  I started the book, thinking I'd read for 15 or 20 minutes before going to bed.  Several hours later I finished the book, and went to bed much later than I had intended.

I only regret that I had this book in my TBR pile since 2011 and never read it.  I only read it now because I wanted to get some of my backlog of books read, and this was one that had been in the pile for quite a while.

This counts for my  Mt. TBR Reading Challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment